> Yes, but if it calls the database and doesn't wait for
> anything back, just goes ahead and calls it again...
> wouldn't it happen the same as when I call the queries
> - and the loop is faster than the database?

It has to wait until the database server returns a message, before
continuing. That message needn't be a recordset, but it does signal
completion of the SQL batch. In most situations CF doesn't support
asynchronous processing - starting something but not waiting around for it
to finish.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496