i think i read this wrong. you WANT people to be able to jump from one
server to the other during a session. Well then, client variables to the
rescue. you could probably mimic with session variables:

in your database create a table that has these columns

CDATA
------
cfid    char(100)
app     char(64)
data    text  ** note in msaccess, use memo

Application.cfm
===============
<cflock timeout="10" throwontimeout="No" type="READONLY">
        <cfset request.thissession = "#session.cfid#:#session.cftoken#">
        <cfset request.thisapp = application.applicationname>
</cflock>
<cfquery name="GetSessionInfo"
         datasource="#request.dsn#"
         username="#request.username#"
         password="#request.password#">
        select
                data
        from cdata
        where cfid = '#request.thissession#' and app = '#request.thisapp#'
</cfquery>
<cfset temp = request.session1 = StructNew()>
<cfif GetSessionInfo.RecordCount NEQ 0>
        <cfloop index="i" list="#GetSessionInfo.data#" delimiters="##">
                <cfif trim(i) NEQ "">
                        <cfset a = ListGetAt(i, 1, "=")>
                        <cfset b = ListGetAt(i, 2, "=")>
                        <cfset temp = StructInsert(request.session1, a, b)>
                </cfif>
        </cfloop>
<cfelse>
<cfquery name="InsertSessionInfo"
         datasource="#request.dsn#"
         username="#request.username#"
         password="#request.password#">
        INSERT INTO CDATA
        (cfid, app)
        VALUES
        ('#request.thissession#', '#request.thisapp#')
</cfquery>
</cfif>

Onrequestend.cfm
================

<cfset request.thisdata = "">
<cfloop collection="#request.session1#" item="i">
        <cfset request.thisdata = request.thisdata & i & "##">
</cfloop>

<cfquery name="UpdateSessionInfo"
         datasource="#request.dsn#"
         username="#request.username#"
         password="#request.password#">
        UPDATE CDATA
        SET
                data = '#request.thisdata#'
        WHERE where cfid = '#request.thissession#' and app =
'#request.thisapp#'
</cfquery>

************** PLEAS READ******************************

Now understand that I don't use session variables at all in my apps and
never will. this is just a rough idea of what you would most likely do to
mimic client variables with session variables. Personally i would rewrite
the app to use client variables. But each to their own. You will probably
need to correct / rewrite some of this code. Hey I wrote it off a whime and
without testing :P.

Anthony Petruzzi
Webmaster
954-321-4703