From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Kym Kovan
Sent: Thursday, 8 June 2006 10:19 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: OT: Virus protection software

Hi Ryan,

you wrote:
> Just a quick poll to find out which Virus / Spyware protection
> software people are using these days (no Linux is not an answer :). I
> turn to you CFAUSSIES because you probably have a similar work
> environment to me, and so understand the needs of a web agency.
>
> We have been using CA VET until now, but that product is being phased
> out. I have had Symantec AV Corporate Edition recommended to me, but
> our experience in the past with Symantec products is that they can be
> intrusive for a developer.

Also Symantec's stuff is poor architecturally, it is not as effective as
some of the other products out there.

> I gave McAfee Managed VirusScan a go, but it seemed to have a conflict
> with our desktop contact manager, which slowed to a crawl.

The only useful thing we found with McAffee was being able to scan
machines across the network when they were idle as the load was
intrusive otherwise.

> Any ideas?

yes, TrendMicro.

Excellent range of products from personal PC protection to
Enterprise-wide networked servers...

Mind you we are biased as we are TrendMicro consulting partners but that
is for a reason, we checked all of the major firms and they were closest
to what we felt were our needs as a development shop and a Hosting Provider.

HTH,

Kym K
- where did my signature line go? -