I'm sure you'd see a big performance increase - trusted cache applies
to all your includes and tags as well as your cfcs.  For an
experiment try setting request.tick = getTickCount() just before your
cfinclude, then <cfoutput>#getTickCount() - request.tick#</cfoutput>
in the first line of your include.  On my machine (reasonably gutsy
PowerBook G4) with trusted cache off this usually comes out at around
30ms, which is the time it takes the disk head to get to the .cfm
file and check its modified date.  You incur this hit again for every
source file in your request.  With trusted cache on it's 0ms.  In my
book to have a reasonably scalable site you need average request
times under 60ms, so two untrusted includes can use this up without
running any of your own code.

Robin

______________

Robin Hilliard
Director - RocketBoots Pty Ltd
Consulting . Software Licensing . Recruitment . Training
http://www.rocketboots.com.au

For schedule/availability call Pamela Higgins:
w    +61 7 5451 0362
m    +61 419 677 151
f    +61 3 9923 6261
e    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

or Direct:
m    +61 418 414 341
e    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  *** Worldwide Adobe Licensing - Volume discounts now start at one
point ***