From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shane Farmer
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:14 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Why buy into CF?

On 9/13/06, M@ Bourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

he wouldn't elaborate to much on it but it seemed to be pretty much that, he did also mention you'll be able to see/monitor all threads running and kill them etc, as well as open up cf more and see what exactly is happening under the hood and what you'll be able to tell from it

Java 5 lets you do this (JConsole). We have to do this with Tomcat some times... it seems once you give Tomcat some memory, it really doesn't like giving it back until you make it! This could point us in the direction of future releases of CF running on Java 5 or maybe even Java 6 (which should be released soon).

Leads into another interesting idea of attaching a Java debugger to the VM, but unless it is done like JSP is, you wont be able to step through the CF code (I know WebMacro can't be done like that). Maybe that is one direction that could be explored... its late and I really have to stop day dreaming. It probably has been explored and found to not be feasable

Shane