Sorry Darren (QLD guru).

This is a sad situation that has been occurring of late in the ACT.

Have I given up yet? Nope. That is mainly due to the cool community - world
wide - that ensure that even after all this time CFML should be taken
seriously.

If anything I am throwing even more effort into "Adobe's" ColdFusion product
- including a major project - so huge even with my 12+ years dev experience
I lose sleep over - "what is coming" tends to do that while still being able
to deliver for what is on the shelf right now.

Running a UG is bloody hard work. I think Darren Tracey is an exception to
the rule (still hard work, but he seems to make it look easy, best meetings
ever).

You have my full support and if you want to create a fresh website from
scratch check out my bodgy (knocked up in two weeks but using it 3 years
later) "ColdUserGroup" project at RIAForge. Aimed at SQL Server but could be
man-handled...

I have also built up an amazing selection of books for the user group
library (over 70 titles now) - many cool SQL Server 2005 ones are new - and
some Vista ones coming (and I need help for reviews). The only condition for
a lend is (depending on the title) photo ID and maybe a small refundable
deposit - some of the books are very expensive.

So here I am, promoted myself to El-Presidente of the ACTCFUG because there
is no director, treasurer, secretary, just me.

If you can deal with that you will do fine! And your fellow UG managers and
members will support you. In theory.

PT