So let me get this straight.

You set an expectation of how long it would take to complete a
project in software you are not familiar with and now your
disappointed because your expectation was not met.

Please, spare me...

On 27/04/2007, at 2:05 PM, Lucas wrote:

> cool - send one our way, I am sure that you don't need em anymore...
>
> Oh, I have an old Javascript book here that we don't use anymore,
> wanna swap?
>
> On 4/27/07, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I got some Flex 3 books i can hand out btw?
>
> On 4/27/07, grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i agree, learning actionscript was like that. adobe/mm just don't
> do good
> > developer cultivation.
> >

> > On 27/04/07, <cfgroupie> < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I walked into worked today with everyone around me saying did you
> > > hear? Flex has been open- sourced. My imediate thoughts was that's
> > > interesting. But honestly it won't make me continue with flex.
> > >
> > > I started a project about 2 months ago which was only going to
> take a
> > > few weeks. Without going into a massive post about the project we
> > > found a need to try out some Flex. I was Whoa stoked. We
> started off
> > > very small a simple form posting to a database. My background is
> > > mainly CF so I tackled Flex like a CF programmer would. It's
> sad to
> > > say that I totally under estimated the complexity of
> programming Flex.
> > > Now guys/gals, this page was the most BASIC page you could
> imagine.
> > >
> > > Where I felt Adobe let me down was the fact that all their PR
> > > explained how easy it was to pick up the Flex language. What they
> > > don't tell you is that you REALLY need to know OO and you
> REALLY need
> > > to have a good framework. The lack of examples in which I
> personally
> > > learn from is so limited that it left me shell shocked. When I
> learned
> > > ColdFusion it was SO much easier. Ben Forta is my friend! And of
> > > course this list bailed me out a number of times. Adobe are
> constantly
> > > pushing the fact that 9x% use flash player and video format is
> taking
> > > off. Then how come Adobe doesn't utlise this and create
> tutorials on
> > > how to use their products!?
> > >
> > > The company I work for is "Huge" and the amount of time that I
> wasted
> > > trying to achieve the most basic results I could have done 10
> times
> > > quicker in ColdFusion AND .NET twice over.
> > >
> > > The sad fact of the matter is I will never recommend Flex to any
> > > programmer or company that I deal with again. So I hope that
> making
> > > Flex open-source will help bridge the massive learning curve that
> > > developers will encounter.
> > >
> > > Flex had so much potential and that I personally feel its
> fallin flat
> > > on its vector based face.
> > >
> > > Jeremy
> > >

> --
> Regards,
> Scott Barnes
> [...]

Regards,

Bjorn Schultheiss
Senior Developer

Personalised Communication Power

Level 2, 31 Coventry St.
South Melbourne 3205,
VIC Australia

T:  +61 3 9674 7400
F:  +61 3 9645 9160
W:  http://www.qdc.net.au

((------------This transmission is confidential and intended solely
for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may
contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any
action in reliance on it. If you believe you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender.---------------))