On May 31, 10:10 am, Robin Hilliard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you mean (a) giving some educational licenses to QANTM for it's
> own use, or (b) giving away commercial licenses to each student?
>
> In the case of (b) you would be asking for almost $200,000 worth of
> software.
>
> So the student thought process goes something like "sure I just spent
> several months learning ColdFusion, but the vendor didn't give me a
> free commercial license so I won't use it"?

One thing that students or younger developers see - before they even
bother to learn ColdFusion - *is* the dollar signs. It's hard to make
the decision to invest hours and hours in learning and using a
technology which you perceive to be unaffordable or out of reach,
particularly when you see "free" competing platforms such as .NET,
Java, PHP, Ruby, etc. I've been in that position, and I didn't choose
ColdFusion (not until a number of years later). Price is a barrier to
adoption.

Just my 2c anyway.

Cheers.

--