Joel wrote:
> Afraid off :
>
> My server being compromised by a virus
> Users downloading an infected file
> Users uploading an infected file
> And worst of all, bandwidth usage going through the room due to
> Trojans/backdoors..:)

There are two chances of nasties (again in the hosting context):
First: an infected/bad file is run on the server. This should never
happen except under your control
Second: the server is infected due to a deficiency on the OS or an
application running on it. A fully patched servers, firewalls and
similar protective methods should stop that.

 From the above it could(will) happen so background scanning by a
suitable tool should suffice........

That means that items one and four above are unlikely.
It also means that item 3 will probably happen and possibly item 2
flowing on from that depending on what the application/site is doing so
whether that is important is up to your application/business/whatever.

> You just wait, I am going to write a virus just for OS X platform..:P

You mean they don't already exist? :^)

Kym K