Yes Glassfish is an Application Server.

Yes Servlets are java Classes that are intern are objects

Yes Coldfusion is based and compiled to Java bytecode, But Coldfusion (CFML)
is not OO. That has been discussed to death already.

Look I don't think people really are comprehending the role of Coldfusion,
and what it actually does. Coldfusion is a subset of libraries that are
packaged together to give a full feature set of tags. CFML the scripting
language allows us to write these scripts to return content, in a dynamic
way.

Coldfusion takes a request from a server (Application Server), it decides
what object needs to be compiled to be given back to the Application Server.
But in this confusion, people are forgetting that Coldfusion is an
Application itself that sits on top of an Application Server.

Thus it sits there accepts the request, does what it needs to do. Compile or
load an object, that the Application Server knows what to do with. Hence why
Coldfusion can't run without JRun, JBoss, Tomcat or whatever support
Application Server you run it on.

Java is not an Application Server, But Coldfusion is compiled to java, it is
not compiled to machine code or C# or VB.net. Java itself is not an
Application Server, however the code can be used to write servlets that are
applications that run on the Application Server.

I think if you actually look at how Coldfusion works, from the moment the
request is taken, when it is compiled and what it does you might see it a
little different.

So by everyone's reckoning. DOS must be an Application Server, I can write
bat files that act like an Application that run under DOS. Bu DOS by
definition is a Disk Operating System.