Steve Onnis wrote:

> What I am wanting to do, as a default thing for ALL mail generated by CFMAIL
> for any domain or application WITHOUT having to use CFMAILPARAM is to add
> another entry into the mail file like...
>
> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
> type:  text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> server:  MAILSERVER:25
> from:  st...@somedomain.com
> to:  st...@someotherdomain.com
> subject:  this is a mail file
>
> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
> Currently there is no way of getting the dateCreated value for a file, only
> lastModified and I want to know the original datetime the mail item was
> created.  I am creating a little app to process mail that is being pushed
> into the undelivered folder for coldfusion server which is why I want to
> look at doing this.  If it is possible, it would be handy to add other
> properties also such as the domain name used when the cfmail tag was called
> so I can track down the original creator of emails.

What are you doing for the Return-Path: you must be creating that on the
fly each time?

You can put identifiers in there if you have control over it. EG
straight from the Sydney Swans newsletter rcvd this week (from one of
our own servers)

There is enuf data in there to relate back to the sender, when, etc. You
could do something similar.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan