The 216MB allocated should be the 'Heap' which is the memory the JVM gets to
use.
The 176MB is probably just the amount that is currently being used by the
JVM.

Could you paste in the JVM config line from the jvm.config file in Jrun /
bin / folder? that should say what the maximum allowable memory for the JVM
is.

It could be that the 216 is the maximum you have allowed for the JVM (which
seams rather small) or it could be the amount that the JVM has currently
allocated itself at that particular point in time.
Depending on your config, JVM will resize the heap itself depending on its
needs.
That is called 'adaptive' sizing and is what I believe the default for JRun.

Barry.