From: Gavin Baumanis <beauecli...@gmail.com>

To: cfaussie <cfaussie@googlegroups.com>

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: [cfaussie] Re: GalaxySOA on CF9 (was WSDL assistance.)

In the interest of quite possibly making an idiot of myself...

Hi Phil,

I have made the changes you provided and I get the same error in the

same place.

Only of course this time it is in the <cfelse> part of the code you

sent me.

It of course works correctly with the Sample app provided by Robin...

so now I am back a step I suppose

with the issue of obviously doing something wrong with my code -

bummer.

Interestingly, I created a method in that CFC that takes no arguments

and returns a simple string.

That works as I would have expected.

Here is the line used to invoke the method on the remote service;

#remoteLoginService.fn_check_user_in_ldap(user = 'test_user', password

= 'test_password')#

Here is the cffunction declaration;

<cffunction

      name="fn_authenticate_user"

      hint="Function to Authenticate User Against specified LDAP Server :

I return a user object if successful"

      access="public"

      returntype="Any">

So it would seem that I have an issue with sending arguments to my

method if I use it is a remote service.

Hopefully it is somehting glaringly obvious.. and everyone cvan take

turns slapping my forehead at the CFUG!

Gavin.

On Apr 15, 10:55 am, Phil Haeusler <p...@gtnet.com.au> wrote:

> HI Gavin

> I made the following adjustment to Service.cfc to get it working on CF9

> for remote calls for methods with no parameters.

> You'll need to adjust the cfreturn in the onMissingMethod function of

> Service.cfc - Line 416 in latest trunk from

> <cfreturn webService.send(missingMethodName, missingMethodArguments)>

> <cfif not StructCount(missingMethodArguments)>

> <cfreturn webService.send(missingMethodName, JavaCast("null", 0))>

> <cfelse>

> <cfreturn webService.send(missingMethodName, missingMethodArguments)>

> </cfif>

> I haven't tested to see if this change breaks earlier versions of CF,

> but it was done in a made rush to get my laptop up and running for the

> last Melb CFUG.  If you can try this and it gets it working for you, and

> we can ensure that it doesn't break earlier CFs we'll put it to Robin to

> get it committed into SVN

> Phil

> On 15/04/10 9:57 AM, Gavin Baumanis wrote:

> > HI Phil,

> > That is great news... thanks..

> > Great news in the sense that its not me - and that maybe my code is

> > going to work afterall!

> > I had a quick look in the Galaxy code - but I have never ever done any

> > remote service work so it was all a little foreign to me.

> > Thanks again.

> > Gavin.

> > On Apr 15, 9:28 am, "Phil Haeusler"<p...@gtnet.com.au>  wrote:

> >> Gavin

> >> If i recall correctly, i'm pretty sure i had to make some changes to
Robin's

> >> code to make the remote services part work under CF9 when i was playing
with

> >> it.  There was a difference between CF8&  CF9 around how parameters
passed

> >> through CFINVOKE are handled.  I'll dig up my code in a bit and get
back to

> >> you.

> >> Phil

Groups