Hi Phil,

Your code change was required none the less to get the sample
application running correctly on CF9.
So that wasn't a waste, at all.

I did a dump;
<cfdump var="#missingMethodName#"><br />
<cfdump var="#missingMethodArguments#"><br />

And can confirm that the methiod name matches the methodf in my CFC
and the missing method arguments also contains a structure of the
arguments that I had passed into the function call.

I created a new function;
<cffunction name="myFunction" access="public" returntype="Numeric" >
<cfargument name="myNumber" default="0" type="numeric">
<cfset fred = arguments.myNumnber +10>
<cfreturn fred>
</cffunction>

and call it like such;
<cfset remoteLoginService = createObject("component","/loginService/
loginServiceSampleApp/authUser/AppLoginService").init("http://
localhost/loginService/loginServiceSampleApp/authUser/
AppLoginService.cfc?wsdl")>
<cfoutput>
#remoteLoginService.myFunction(1)#<br />
<cfoutput>

I wouldn't have thought it got any more simple than that - to be
honest - but it returns the same error message as before.
It would seem to me - that there is some issue with dealing with ANY
kind of attribute that gets sent to the remote method.

Anyhow - unless there is an obvious answer - I will certainly see you
tonight at the CFUG - thanks for the offer to help!

Gavin.