Claude there was a CF Gateway example (in Java) written by Jim Schley of a
simple telnet server that shipped with CF 7, and I assume is still there - the
code is only a few pages so if you wanted to try your hand at Java it might be
a good start for a TCP listener.

Robin

        ROBIN HILLIARD
Chief Technology Officer