Mike,

I find it hard to believe it is SQL Server, this smacks of ColdFusion its
the exact type of behaviour that ColdFusion does.

Hard to believe that SQL Server would modify an ODBC date due to a
localisation setting.

I would still try to duplicate the problem with your own code, can you write
code that will put it in the database wrong.

createODBCDate(createDate(year, month day))

I but you can't make that put a wrong date in unless you get the month and
day back to front

Regards

Dale Fraser

http://dale.fraser.id.au