Well i had to suck that back again and wished i could have completely
obliterated my previous email.   I had a mistake in the code i posted on my
example earlier.    But i have just found the exact scenario happening.

Inside my CFCs,  i think American dates are always assumed.   I am setting a
date in my bean.   Even if i specifically set it using the code i quoted in
my last email  ( i.e. PosBean.setTransDate( createdate("2010","06","10") )
 for 10th June)   if i immediately output the date I get a different result
to what i get if i have it in a regular .cfm file.

<cfdump var="#lsdateformat(posbean.getTransDate(), 'dd/mmm/yyyy')#" />
<cfdump var="#dateformat(posbean.getTransDate(), 'dd/mmm/yyyy')#"  />

This code in a .cfm file outputs two showing 10 June.   If i output from a
.cfc it shows the first as 10 June, and the second as 6 October.

So unless i'm mistaken, I get a different result in a .cfm page than i get
if i output from a cfc.  The trouble is, it's the .cfc that is causing the
problem because its the cfc that creates the insert statement to the
database.

 This is proving to be a particularly elusive problem.  But since we use
dates to select records for a whole host of reports,  it's essential that i
sort it out.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month