From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of MrBuzzy
Sent: Tuesday, 29 June 2010 7:26 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] CFHTTP to invalid SSL host

Dear Brains-trust,

I'd like to make a CFHTTP request over SSL to one of our dev servers.

The dev server has a normal SSL certificate, from a trusted root authority.

However the host name does not match the name registered to the certificate
(because it's a dev host). CFHTTP fails to make the connection.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

While I haven't done much googling, I'm thinking about generating an
untrusted certificate and using this instead.

The downside being the certificate needs to be imported to each JVM and
browser, as required.

Cheers.