I think you're stuck with what Dale is saying, or use keytool to import it
into the JDK.

Putting an exception into browsers is pretty straight forward.

Mark

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 7:26 PM, MrBuzzy <mrbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Brains-trust,
>
> I'd like to make a CFHTTP request over SSL to one of our dev servers.
>
> The dev server has a normal SSL certificate, from a trusted root authority.
>
> However the host name does not match the name registered to the certificate
> (because it's a dev host). CFHTTP fails to make the connection.
>
> Any thoughts on how to achieve this?
>
> While I haven't done much googling, I'm thinking about generating an
> untrusted certificate and using this instead.
> The downside being the certificate needs to be imported to each JVM and
> browser, as required.
>
> Cheers.
>
>  --

E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com