From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
MrBuzzy
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:02 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] Re: Handling sessions across subdomains

Hi Peter,

I did a bit more investigationing :)

To recap, your problem is twofold;
1. You'll need session replication between CF instances
2. You need to force the jsessionid to be a domain cookie

Session replication can be annoying. But not impossible. You might need to
consider
running your login page in the same CF instance as the blogs (sub domains). Or
re
architect it so the login state is stored in the cookie scope instead of
session. Or
consider a single sign on mechanism. Or use Railo ;)

The jsessionid is an artifact of JRun (J2EE really), intercepting or rewriting
it
using CF will also be a bit hacky and problematic.

Instead you can force JRun to set a domain cookie, as follows;

<snip>