On 16/03/2011 09:57, Gavin Beau Baumanis wrote:

So I thought I would ask for the normal use-cases that an Application.cfc gets
extended - in the hope I might be able to recall why we did it in the first
place.
(Of course I'll document on our internal Wiki - once I know!!)

A good example might be an admin area of a site that needs some extra security bits on top of whatever functionality you have in App.cfc. You extend the app cfc and drop your extra code in. In olden times you might have used an include file for the common code.

Of course you can also bump into the horrors of extending into different folders and have to use proxies, etc but that is another story :-)

--
Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au