From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaussie@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
charlie arehart
Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2012 3:03 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [cfaussie] RE: Attribute validation error for tag cfoutput

Hmm. You’re saying that a CFLOOP QUERY worked where a CFOUTPUT QUERY would not?
That would indeed be curious.

If you’d still needed to (or want to) solve the mystery, I would have suggested
doing a CFDUMP of the variable, to see what it said it was. Assuming that when
you ran it, you still got an error referring to it (next) in a CFOUTPUT QUERY,
it would be very strange if the CFOUTPUT QUERY failed where the CFDUMP showed
that it was indeed a query.

Now, I press that point about making sure that the CFOUTPUT QUERY fails after
the dump, because there is the possibility that it might work, which would
suggest that there’s some other time when it fails, and it’s THEN that the
CFDUMP would be most valuable. I could think of a number of scenarios where a
variable might not have what it seems it should have. I won’t take your
collective time speculating. But if you do get the error and do get a dump, and
it is a query, let us know what you find. Again, that’s all if you want to
press on. You may be happy to just leave it as a query loop.

/charlie