On 29 July 2013 15:33, Mark Mandel <mark.man...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah - figured a CDN would help a lot, simply because the images would be
> distributed across the world.
>
> What sort of geographical distribution do you see?  I would have thought
> that given the international nature, you would see a good chunk of it come
> from overseas.

Aussie Olympic Team sites are fairly parochial -- the vast majority of
traffic is from here at home.

> Having the CDN would help with pagespeed load times, I would figure.

Maybe for initial loads -- hopefully after that if the settings are right,
most of it should be reloaded from the browser cache.  You'd only have
images to contend with and we're trying to lazy load all of those.  As it
is their hosted out of Sydney -- not many edge caches for Australia outside
of Sydney in any event ;)

> Also noticed you minified your CSS and JS ;o) Wasn't that way when I first
> looked :)

Aye.. it was a bit of a mad rush to go live for "200 days to go".  We've
been doing a few clean up tasks in the mean time.

GB