Thanks Charlie.

 One question re cfqueryparam.  If I'm using the the CF_SQL_VARCHAR type does
it strip out injected SQL, because basically injected SQL is just text.

 Brian

 From: "Charlie Arehart" <charlie_li...@carehart.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:59 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: *****SPAM***** [cfaussie] CF 11 and SQL injection

Brian, there are a range of options, starting from within your code, like
CFQUERYPARAM (and more), to the app level, to the web server level, to web
application firewall apps, to external devices, each of which can address sql
injection and/or other possible injection attacks.

Some are free or open source, some are commercial; some are easy (and may not
completely cover you) while some are complex (and may keep you from using them
well) with a range in between.

I keep a list of such tools, in that order, as a category of my CF411 site,
specifically cf411.com/security. I indicate if they are free or not, if they
are specific to an OS, web server, etc. You should find a few choices to
consider which may best suit your needs.

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie