Xiaofeng, that update you mention (that you have) is not “your latest update”,
and it doesn’t list “all your updates”. It just lists one random update you
have. To find out what updates you DO have, including whether you have the one
for cfdocument, check out this blog post:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2012/6/18/what_hotfixes_have_been_applied

Then if you don’t have the hotfix needed, give a shot and see if that fixed
your problem (restart CF after putting it in place, of course).

If you do already have it, or you add it (and restart CF) and it doesn’t help,
here are a couple of thoughts:

- first, you may find that you’re simply benefiting (in CF10) from some
improvements to CFDOCUMENT, which you may not get in CF8.
- second, you may be suffering a problem due to something related to the CFIDE
folder (especially CFIDE/scripts). CFDocument may well use that to do its work,
and perhaps you have some or all of CFIDE blocked or not updated properly in
CF8 (one could apply a “needed” hotfix to CF8, but do it wrong, and have issues
in the CFIDE folder that affect operations of various sorts).

If you have a simple example you can offer (including what its output looks
like when wrong and when right), then perhaps others (still with CF8) can run
it and tell you if it looks “wrong” for them.

/charlie