-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Taco
Fleur
Sent: Tuesday, 21 January 2003 9:15 PM
To: CFAussie Mailing List
Subject: [cfaussie] RegEx for email checking

Just wondering!

Has anyone out there managed to create a watertight regEx for checking
and
validating email addresses?

I found a few out there, but once you put them under the microscope you
find that they all seem to be missing something here and there.

And also, has anyone got any idea where I can find the specifications
for
an email address, i.e. a document that explains what the max. & min.
chars
are, what it can and can't contain etc.? I had a look at www.w3c.org but
no luck....

If not, is there anyone interested in creating one as a team effort?
I have some regEx examples that I have broken down and noted the
questions
and missing code, but my regEx is a bit rusty lately and besides I want
make sure it's a 1000% watertight check. not letting anyone get away
with
mistakes but also not denying anyone with a valid address...

TIA
Taco Fleur

---
You are currently subscribed to cfaussie as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MX Downunder AsiaPac DevCon - http://mxdu.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to cfaussie as: archive@mail-archive.com