Roland,

> For performance reasons.  I still use OOP as much as possible, but not
the
> DAO pattern in particular.  OOP and DAO/BO in particular add a level of
> abstraction that I don't really need (or necessarily want).  There is an
> inherent performance hit in the pattern for one, in that you're
constantly
> transforming data from the database to an object and then back again.
> That's kind of a wasted trip if you don't absolutely need it.

That sounds exactly like our environment. We use OOP as much as possible
as well, and we don't use "DAO" either. However, we don't pass use
seperate arguments to methods, but rather pass a struct, e.g.
addItem(Struct stItem) and that method passes it back. I guess you can
kind of say this a simple "DAO/Bean".

Darryl Lyons

To unsubscribe from this email please forward this email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient
please forward the email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete the original.

ABN AMRO Morgans Limited and its associates hold or may hold securities in the
companies/trusts mentioned herein.
Any general advice included in this email has been prepared without taking into
account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Before acting on the advice, you should consider its appropriateness or discuss
with one of our investment advisors.

ABN AMRO Morgans Limited (ABN 49 010 669 726 AFSL 235410) A Participant of ASX
Group.
A principal member of the Financial Planning Association.