Ben Nadel said the following on 1/26/2006 1:38 PM:

>So, as I move more into the OOP world, wich heavier use of CFC, I am
>noticing that my pages are taking longer to load on the server. I have been
>pretty good about trying to minimize CFC creatoin if I can cache it, and am
>learning about method call optimization...
>
>My question is, what is a reasonable load time for your web pages in
>milliseconds?

The real question is do you have "report template execution timing" on
in your debugging.  CF adds a ton of overhead debugging CFCs - which
gives you a false sense of how long it takes for stuff to load.  Tick
that option off and then report back to us (just guessing).

Typically, on one of my Mach-II application (rather complex one too), it
takes anywhere between 16-75ms per request on my dev machine and about
45-110 on a production server.  Of course these don't include DB calls
(which vary as you know).

Best,
.Peter

--
Peter J. Farrell :: Maestro Publishing
http://blog.maestropublishing.com

Rooibos Generator - Version 2.1
Create boilerplate beans and transfer objects for ColdFusion!
http://rooibos.maestropublishing.com/

- Member Team Mach-II
- Member Team Fusion