From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of David Mineer
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:06 PM
To: cfcdev@cfczone.org
Subject: [CFCDev] Web Based import

I want to create an application in Cold Fusion that would allow
someone to select a csv or excel file from their computer and import
into MSSQL which resides on  my server.  They would need options to
map fields, make changes (i.e. strConv(field1,3) or left(field1,5) )
and even save a profile once they had it right.

Currently, the user has to send me the file, I import into an access
table, create an append query and then use DTS to get it into SQL.  I
would really like to shift this work to the user.

Can someone point me in the right direction to some material that can
get me going on this.  Any pointers or experience from having done
something like that yourself.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

--