Kolya,

I'm really speaking from ignorance here.  I had the impression that complex
data types did not interoperate seamlessly across the Java/CF boundary e.g.
you need to convert Java ResultSets to CF QueryTables; Java functions that
return an array don't actually return CF arrays.  These are minor things but
not what I'd called "seamless", and if I need to wrap my Java domain model
in a facade to do these conversions that could tip the cost/benefit balance.

A big part of the equation is this: we're currently a two-programmer, one
language shop.  If we're going to add a second language, what's going to pay
for itself sooner - Java or ActionScript?  OTOH, for some applications Java
+ Flex might make more sense than Java + CF + Flex, especially if the latter
looks like Java + JavaCFFacade + CF + CFFlexFacade + Flex.

Jaime Metcher

www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]