Option 3: I want to run (not necessarily clean up) code when the object is (about to be) destroyed. I am pretty sure I read that the code inside a CFC but outside any functions gets run at CFC creation time. I was just curious if a similar mechanism existed for CFC destruction time.

The CFC could be cached in session, request or application scope, was hoping for something scope agnostic, and it's more of a "the programmer wants to play" than a "the programmer needs this for his job" type scenario.

Thanks
Aaron

Barry Beattie wrote:
Arron,

are you asking because of memory considerations

or

do you want to run some clean-up code?