Hugo,
Thanks for the reply, I am trying to get new data from the server each time
the user hits their google homepage and there does seem to be a caching
issue.  There is a lot of discussion on the the google boards on how to fix
this with IG_FetchConent function, but I'm not sure how to implement it.

Ryan

On 5/14/07, Hugo Ahlenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| Does anyone have any experience making gadgets with
| ColdFusion for Google's homepage?  I'm having issues refreshing data.

Yes, I do. I didn't have any problems with that at all, but the gadget I
have prepared doesn't need to be refreshed more than daily. If i
remember correctly, it is not making any requests from the homepage
through google, rather directly to your server, so nothing is cached
anywhere intermediary at google.

We are seeing quite some traffic from this, so it was a good thing to
set up.

Next thing to look at would be a google desktop plugin, I think!

Here is my gadget:
<http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&num=24&url=http://maps.gri
da.no/go/googleGadgetRandom>

/Hugo

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the
instructions at http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com

Ryan Everhart
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blogging @ http://blog.ryaneverhart.com/