Prefernces apply and use cases vary, but FWW, here's what I do:

Tbl_Order
Tbl_OrderItem

OrderService, OrderDAO, Order
OrderItemService, OrderItemDAO, OrderItem

I define the Order has-many composed OrderItems (on OrderID) and if I wanted
to see the total price, date and a list of items for order 12, I just:

Order = OrderService.getByIF("12", "TotalPrice,Date", "Items")

It returns an Order IBO with all of the info including a composed OrderItem
IBO containing all of the items which I can access by calling:

OrderItem = Order.get("OrderItem")

All done automagically using a few hundred lines of generic data mapper code
and a getAssociated() method in the base service method.

Best Wishes,
Peter