Phillip Senn wrote:
I'm trying to ask this in as generic a fashion as I can.
If you have 1 order with many line items, then that is known as an Order
Header/Order Detail in many lines of work.

Q: If you have an Order Header/Order Detail, what do you name the
tables?
1. OrderHeader, OrderDetail
2. tblOrderHeader, tblOrderDetail
3. tblOrders, tblOrderDetail
4. tblOrder, tblOrderDetail
5. lcf_Order, lcf_Purchase (from www.Lynda.com Learning ColdFusion
class)

I normally stick with order and orderItems.

But here's the REAL question:
Q: Let's say you decide upon #4.  How do you define the components?
1. OrderDAO.cfc, OrderBean.cfc, OrderGateway.cfc, OrderDetailDAO.cfc,
OrderDetailBean.cfc, OrderDetailGateway.cfc (Tables relate directly to components)

2. OrderDAO.cfc, OrderBean.cfc, OrderGateway.cfc
(The OrderBean is contains everything known about the Order (Header and
Detail)

Probably both. An OrderDetail exists, but it is 0..n are contained within the Order class.

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions at
http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com