On 5/21/07, Barry Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
well, it's been rumored that Sean Corfield, who "wished" it in the
first place is having very serious second thoughts... used for
good/evil, etc.

Yeah, I entered the original ER in the bugbase and I gathered up all
the "votes" from the community and was generally a rabble-rouser for
the issue.

That was back in the day when I still thought that CF should be more Java-like.

I had an epiphany.

I've worked with a lot of languages over the years and I've generally
prided myself on being able to take lessons from one language and
apply them idiomatically to another language. Unfortunately, by
advocating interfaces in CF I feel I've done the CF community a grave
disservice because I've set their expectations incorrectly. In fact,
by advocating OO so strongly I think I've misled a lot of CFers...
Sorry :(
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood