I'm keeping an open mind

I can only speak of interfaces in C# but there interfaces are
"supported" by strong typing and a powerful IDE.

ColdFusion has neither of those.

I bring up "practical pain solving" with interfaces for a reason - the
proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Theory is one thing, lets see it in practice.

On 5/22/07, Sean Corfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/22/07, Mark Mandel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is done by convention, and an error will be thrown at runtime if
> the method does not exist, or isn't configured correctly.
>
> Now, with interfaces, I could say, have a ITransferEventObserver (I is
> a common prefix for an interface), which has the method that is
> required for an event to be observed.

And you'll just get a different runtime error :)

> So realistically, what are the differences? Maybe not much, maybe a lot.

Yeah, exactly...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions at
http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm