"A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Terrence Brannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-09-03 19:15]:
>> A user requests *operations* - login, add user, view user which
>> are materialized by model actions and feedback on success
>> failure via the view/page.
>
> I model my applications as a set of resources, à la REST.

I googled for REST and found this:
   http://www.xfront.com/REST-Web-Services.html

> Resources,
> obviously, are only created or updated assuming credentials with
> sufficient permissions; otherwise, the result is a 401 when not
> logged in or a 403 when logged in, but lacking permission.

Do you use cookies? The paper I read stated this:
<quote>
Stateless: each request from client to server must contain all the
information necessary to understand the request, and cannot take
advantage of any stored context on the server.
</quote>

To me, that means "no cookies". But your discussion of 401 and 403
would imply such a mechanism for recognizing who made the request?