Just to bring the listeners up to date...

The two big projects my clients are requesting with regard to
CGI::Prototype are:

1) refactoring CGIP to be more of a plugin architecture, with complete
   backward compatibility
2) Adding AJAX

Yeah, that's right... I'm in the midst of a project that will plug
prototype.js (and probably scriptaliscious) into a CGIP framework.
Once I have this in place, the oft-rumored "CGIP cookbook" will show
how to make web 2.0 apps easily with CGIP.  Wheee.

More soon.