I know there's a couple of us on this list and especially Mark who is
working on that media library module that may use Image Magick. This is just
a quick o/t public service announcement. Hopefully I'm not behind the curve
on this and posting something that many of you already know.

If your web app accepts jpeg image upload you need to read this:
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003j8d

Apparently images saved in a 'particular' fashion in Photoshop 7 can cause
Internet Explorer to crash. I noticed this problem when a client of mine
kept complaining that his image library was crashing. After about 3 or 4
weeks of us trying to rule out various problems, I found that article.

And what good would that article be without a solution to the problem? I
also found this blog entry, in direct response to that article:
http://anthony.bodhihouse.com/archives/000137.html

A simple addition of 1 line of code and you can be sure that images uploaded
into your app will display correctly regardless of how they were saved.

Happy ImageMagick-ing

---
Steve Comrie


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to