I wrote:

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I'm facing the refactoring of a cgi-app/html-template based site to
>>support multiple languages, and I'd like to get the design right.
>>
>>I'm curious how you are dealing with multi-lingual sites. How do you
>>prefer to organise your templates? How do you handle date and number
>>formatting?
>>

Steve Comrie wrote:
Rhesa,

I just finished 2 English / French sites. I found that keeping my English
files in the root template folder, and then having a French folder in the
template folder with 'copies' of the English templates was fairly easy to
manage.

It meant I could default my system to run from the English templates, and
then when in French mode, I just had to have C::A add a '/fr' to my template
path in-order to read from the French folder.

Hope that helps.

---
Steve Comrie



Steve, thanks for the tips and ideas.

I also stumbled on an interesting thread on the html-template mailinglist (under the subject: RFC: Persistent or 2-stage evaluation), which goes into great detail on how to integrate Locale::Maketext.

I think with all the info I have now, I'll be able to quickly upgrade my application.

Thanks for the feedback! I would probably have overlooked e-mail subjects on the first pass, but you reminded me of it in time :^)

Rhesa

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
             http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



Reply via email to