On Jul 1, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Cees Hek wrote:

On 7/1/05, Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

# If something goes wrong, make sure to stop the HTTP server.
sub cleanup { kill(9,$pid) }
$SIG{__DIE__}=\&cleanup;


Would it be better to put this in an END block? I'm not sure if this
signal gets thrown at a normal exit. I use END blocks in test scripts
for stuff like this and they work well.


Also, is a kill 9 really necesary?  It seems a little overkill (pun
intended :D).  kill 9 should only be done as a last resort if the
process will not die on it's own.


Generally yes I do stay away from a 9. Weapon of last resort. I started using the 9 when I writing the CGI tests for HTTP::Server::Simple. As with the developers before me there were rare occasions when it was required, and rather than accidently leaving a process running from a test, it was safer to brute force it to die and be sure. I made this decision for my tests. YMMV.

-Shawn

---
Shawn Sorichetti


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
             http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to