On 7/1/05, Shawn Sorichetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Generally yes I do stay away from a 9. Weapon of last resort. I
> started using the 9 when I writing the CGI tests for
> HTTP::Server::Simple. As with the developers before me there were
> rare occasions when it was required, and rather than accidently
> leaving a process running from a test, it was safer to brute force it
> to die and be sure. I made this decision for my tests. YMMV.

As long as there was a reason for it.  The reason I questioned it is
because I have seen too many in-experienced sysadmins freely wielding
'kill -9' because it is easy and works every time, not knowing the
consequences.  So whenever I see it, I like to know why.

Thanks for clarifying it for me...

Cheers,

Cees

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to