Hello folks

I'm new to both CGI-App and IIS and having a little trouble getting
them to play nicely together.  The CGI-App docs state that you should
be able to use URLs like this

/cgi-bin/instance.cgi/edit_form?breed_id=2

on any web server that supports CGI scripts to create a clear
separation between the form variables you submit and how you determine
the processing run mode. Regardless of my setting for
AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings, IIS is giving me 404 errors, seeming
to look for the "edit_form" file in the "instance.cgi" directory.  Is
this possible under IIS?  What configuration changes need to be made?

I also asked this question at perlmonks.org
<http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=483019>.

Also, and potentially of note, I know that on Apache mediawiki
software allows you to create urls like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl or http://localhost/wiki.php/Perl

But on their installation page, it says this isn't possible on IIS:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows#IIS

I know mediawiki is PHP, but is the same limitation true for perl?

Thanks so much

Andrew

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to