Hi,

I'm no expert, but I use Chandler on both PC and Mac.  Have you tried dragging
the separation bars around?  There may be a better name for them, but I'm
talking about the vertical and horizontal bars that separate the areas on the
display.  If the little calendars on the left are too big or too small, point
the mouse at the vertical bar to the right of the calendars, then click and
drag left or right and the little calendars should change size.

As far as I know, there is no single preferences window.

When you talk about this recurring meeting, where are you seeing it?  If you
select it, what does it say at the bottom right of the main window?  There
should be a status line, something like, "Appears in: Dashboard, Notes" or
something similar.  That should tell you where it is stored.  One thing to
think about is that there is a difference between "remove" and "delete".  When
you remove an item from a collection, it doesn't permanently delete that item.
To permanently delete an item, go to the dashboard (which should contain all
items) and delete it from there.  A dialog box should pop up asking if you want
to move that item to the trash.  After it is in the trash, you can select the
trash collection and press the delete button on each item and it will be
permanently removed.

Regards,
Doug