Dear Danni,
You can do what you want, it's called overlaying the collection on the
current calendar. In calendar view, to the left of the collection name
you will see a little icon; if you move the mouse cursor over that it
will show either "overlay collection" (if it isn't already overlaid,
or "remove overlay" (if it is currently overlaid). If you click a
collection that isn't already overlaid, it will be overlaid and become
visible on the calendar. You can see which of the collections are
currently overlaid because the icon gets a coloured background to show
it.

Fritz