Change is a group at the University of Washington exploring how
technology can improve the lives of underserved populations, especially
in the developing world.

Every week, we hold an open meeting. This week, we will have Cliff
Schmidt presenting on Literacy Bridge and the Talking Book Device
(description below). Please join us in CSE 303 this Thursday from 12-1pm.

Find out more at http://change.washington.edu

Agriculture, health, and education are three areas being improved by local
people and organizations through the use of Literacy Bridge's Talking Book
Device. The device is a $10 rugged audio computer that uses locally
available batteries, is accessible to the visually impaired, allows each
message to be copied from one device to another, and supports interactive
educational lessons and games.

Talking Book Project is enabling the creation, distribution, and
accessibility of audio knowledge libraries in the most remote and
underserved regions of the world.