---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joyojeet Pal <joyoj...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Subject: HCI & Interpretivism positions at UM
To: Gaetano Borriello <gaet...@cs.washington.edu>, Eric Brewer <
bre...@cs.berkeley.edu>, Richard Anderson <ander...@cs.washington.edu>,
Tapan Parikh <par...@ischool.berkeley.edu>, Batya Friedman <ba...@uw.edu>,
AnnaLee Saxenian <a...@ischool.berkeley.edu>, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian <
laks...@cs.nyu.edu>, Michael Best <mi...@cc.gatech.edu>, François Bar <
f...@usc.edu>, "Geoffrey C. Bowker" <gbow...@uci.edu>, Christopher Hoadley <
to...@nyu.edu>, Jenna Burrell <je...@ischool.berkeley.edu>

Hi Folks,

There are a four openings at the School of Information at Michigan
this year, none of them is specifically for someone who works on
technology and international development, but given the intersection
of interests, this may be something your graduating students would
consider. I would like to bring your attention to two of these:

Here is the link to our HCI opening for the year (it's open rank).
It's a standard HCI position and specifically interested in design and
building of interactive systems - but given that this has a good
intersection with what a lot of HCI4D folks are working on, please
feel free to have them get in touch with me if they have questions
particularly about Michigan's ICTD interests, or with Mark Newman, the
general chair for the search in this position for broader questions on
the HCI group at our school, or anything else related to the position
more generally.

http://si.umich.edu/aboutsi/2012-faculty-opening-human-computer-interaction

We also have an Interpretivist position open this year that may be of
some interest to some of the more ethnography-oriented ICTD folks:

http://si.umich.edu/aboutsi/2012-faculty-opening-interpretivism

For the ethnography position, the chair is Mark Ackerman, and if you
have great candidates interested who have further questions, please
let me know and I can get them in touch to get an idea of fit.

Thanks!

Joyojeet