CSE 590F,  Computing and the Developing World Seminar,  Tuesdays,  1:30-2:20
PM,  CSE 203.

In this seminar course we will look at different aspects of computing in
developing countries. We will take an interdisciplinary approach looking at the
limitations, possibilities and implications of this field from a variety of
perspectives. From the technical side we will look at some of the more
interesting problems in developing effective computing technologies and
software application for users in these countries. From a social and
development perspective we will look at possible technology application areas,
including education and e-government, policy issues such as governments and
open source software policy, and talking about development issues more broadly
in the context of modern technology.

The focus of the seminar this term will be on Computing and Global Health, and
we will read papers from the health that assess various technologies or provide
background in global health.

For more information,  see

http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/cse590f/12au/