Hi Everyone,

I work with a non-profit tech company called Medic Mobile and wanted to let
you know that we're looking to hire an interaction designer to be based at
one of our offices (San Francisco, Nairobi, Katmandu) or work remotely. See
the full posting below and feel free to contact me if you have any
questions!

cheers,
Isaac

Full posting: https://www.medicmobile.org/join/interaction-designer

*Interaction Designer*
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit technology company that was founded in 2010 to
improve health in underserved communities. Our organization builds mobile
and web applications for community health workers (CHWs), health system
managers, and decision-makers. We see healthcare service delivery gaps
through the eyes of our users and their patients, and co-design improved
workflows and systems with local implementing partners. Medic Mobile has
worked with over 60 partners across 23 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin
America, and the US. Based in San Francisco with regional offices in Africa
and Asia, our technology supports over 14,000 frontline health workers and
is helping improve healthcare delivery for over 8 million people.

*Job Description*
Position: Interaction designer
Type of employment: Full-time
Location: Flexible. Medic has offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and
Kathmandu, and 30% of our teammates work remotely.

As Medic’s primary interaction designer, you will help bring the insights
from our human-centered design field work into an intuitive mobile web
interface. You will work in a collaborative environment to create visual
interactive prototypes for usability testing and for our developers to
implement. You will help conduct and process user feedback into features
and interfaces that empower community health workers through mobile
technology.

At Medic, creative solutions to complex problems are the norm. We work in
environments with extreme constraints and are inspired by how technology
can bridge gaps and reinvent workflows. We’re also a team of realists and
shape our tools based on what is most useful and sustainable for our users
and partners. Some of our users have never used a touchscreen before;
others have several of their own devices. Many of our users work in
low-connectivity environments. As an interaction designer, you’ll be
inspired to create intuitive interfaces to help health workers feel
supported, informed, and connected to their peers, managers, and patients.

You’ll be joining a distributed product team and should be comfortable
working independently and collaborating in virtual space. We have service
designers in Nairobi and Kathmandu to be close to our partners and users,
product managers in San Francisco and Toronto, and developers in many time
zones to provide round-the-clock support. As interaction designer, you will
report to Medic’s Chief Design Officer based in San Francisco.

--
www.isaacholeman.org
Twitter @isaacholeman