For anyone who would like to join this seminar remotely, here is
information for connecting through ZOOM.

*View this seminar in Zoom (Enter Meeting ID: 339 860 652):*

*1.       **Laptop/Computer: https://washington.zoom.us/j/339860652
<https://washington.zoom.us/j/339860652>*

*2.       **Download the Zoom app for free on your smartphone*

*3.       **Dial-in audio only (for higher quality, dial a number based on
your current location): *

* US: +1 408 638 0968 <(408)%20638-0968>  or +1 646 876 9923
<(646)%20876-9923>  or +1 669 900 6833 <(669)%20900-6833> International
numbers available here
<https://washington.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=QgE1BH78yuPvY1tUuyL_iFWO_4KJXILK>*

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Esther Jang <infra...@cs.washington.edu>
wrote:

> Please join us for the Change Seminar this week on *Tuesday 1/9/2018* in *EEB
> 003*.
>
> *Who: *Trevor Perrier (UW CSE) and Dr. Keshet Ronen (UW DGH)
> *What:* *Mobile solutions for women, adolescent and children's health in
> Kenya*
> *When:* Tuesday Jan 9th at 12-1pm
> *Where: EEB 003*
>
> *Abstract:* Since 2012, researchers at UW Department of Global Health, UW
> CSE and the University of Nairobi have been exploring mHealth solutions
> that engage Kenyan women to support their healthcare. In this talk, we
> present a history and overview of our suite of collaborative projects,
> referred to as Mobile WACh (Mobile solutions for women, adolescent and
> children's health). We present projects that employ our custom-built
> *semi-automated
> bidirectional SMS system* to support women's maternal child health,
> adherence to HIV treatment in pregnancy and family planning
> decision-making. We discuss future directions and new studies exploring the
> use of group messaging platforms such as WhatsApp.
>
> *Bio:*
> *Trevor** Perrier* is a PhD student in CSE working on connecting end
> users to domain experts in Kenya. He was been working with the UW
> Department of Global Health on the Mobile WACh suite of projects as the
> primary developer. Prior to joining UW, Trevor was a Peace Corps
> volunteer in South Africa and Liberia, where he first gained a deep
> understanding of the prevalence and potential impact of mobile technology.
>
> *Keshet** Ronen*, PhD, is a research scientist in the UW Department of
> Global Health. Her research interests include HIV prevention and treatment
> in women, adolescents and underserved populations, and the integration of
> biomedical and systemic interventions to achieve health equity. Since 2015,
> she has been working with the Mobile WACh team on developing and evaluating
> mobile health (mHealth) interventions to support HIV care in Kenya.

Keshet Ronen, PhD, MPH
Research Scientist
Department of Global Health
University of Washington
NJB 1322
Box 359931 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
(+1) 206-685-4363